Top 10 Reasons to Buy a Home in 2020
1. Quality of Life – Home ownership is part of a better quality of life for most buyers. The quality
of our living situation directly impacts how we feel.
2. Avoid the Tax Man | Tax Deductions – Buying a home helps you avoid the tax man with
tax deductions for both mortgage interest and property taxes. Property taxes and qualified
interest are deductible on an individual’s federal income tax return.
3. Spend Money to Make Money – With the right real estate consultant, home ownership and
the potential for appreciation means that ultimately you have the opportunity to get a return on
4. Deferred Gain and Capital Gain Treatment – Ask your CPA about possible tax benefits
on your primary residence.
5. Principal Accumulation – As a homeowner, a portion of each amortized mortgage payment
typically goes to principal, which in the long run is an investment.
6. It’s The American Dream – Owning a home is THE American Dream. We work with many
first time home-buyers; and it truly is a dream come true for them.
7. Independence – For many homeowners, one of the greatest freedoms is acquired through
home ownership. They can get rid of their landlord and are no longer surrounded by neighbors in
an apartment with thin walls. The freedom to do whatever they wish with their homes is a big
incentive for many new homeowners.
8. Leverage – At the current interest rates, you can put your money to work somewhere else.
These days you can still purchase a home for as little as 3.5% down.
9. Why rent when you can own? The real cost of renting at $900 per month with 6% rental
increase per year means you will pay $142,272 over 10 years. Just think what that could mean to
you financially and quality of life owning your own home.
10. Because you get to work with us!